For the Church Family I’ve Come to Love
Serving as the Interim Lead Pastor of CHBC has been a joy and privilege! Over the last nine months, my heart became deeply attached to this wonderful community of believers. It’s been tremendously rewarding to help prepare the church family for a new leader. In two weeks, the congregation will install their new Lead Pastor. The future of CHBC is as bright as the promises of God. This past Sunday, I gave my last talk. It was a summary and rehearsing of the core values that I’ve sought to embed in the churches’ culture during this season of transition. Good reminders for all of us… during any season of ministry:
1. Live from the overflow of your union with Christ.
You are in Christ and Christ is in you (Colossians 3:3). Therefore:
- Who you are is who you are in Christ (the Father’s beloved).
- Your purpose is to glorify the Father by becoming like His Son.
- Your mission in life is to join Jesus in His.
- Your potential is unlimited!
2. Love one another deeply from the heart.
- Forgive as you’ve been forgiven (Ephesians 4:32).
- Take a genuine interest in others (Philippians 2:4).
- Invite others into your home (1 Peter 4:9).
- Outdo one another in showing honor (Romans 12:10).
3. Keep your eyes on the Kingdom.
- Seek 1st the Kingdom (Matthew 6:33).
- Pray ‘Your Kingdom Come…’ (Luke 11:2).
- Message the Kingdom everywhere (Matthew 10:7).
4. Hold fast to the Gospel.
- Don’t be ashamed of it (Romans 1:16).
- Live your lives based on the reality of it (Philippians 1:27).
- Spread it everywhere.
5. Make disciples who make disciples!
- Pursuing the Great Commission is our singular calling and purpose (Matthew 28:19).
CHBC… It’s been a wonderful ride! I’ll miss you…